There are no products in your shopping cart.
The Ivy bookshop welcomes Heidi-Schreiber-Pan to discuss her book Taming the Anxious Mind.
Taming the Anxious Mind deconstructs the complex treatment of anxiety and stress disorders into a user-friendly and action-oriented guidebook. It emphasizes that anxiety represents an opportunity to re-train the mind away from destructive thinking towards a healthy mindset.
Taming the Anxious Mind provides:
- Expert guidance on how to live a fuller life, manage anxiety and stress effectively and experience vitality and peace
- An understanding of how the mind works and practical ways to better manage it
- Success stories from real people who have integrated these approaches successfully in their own lives
- Practices of mindfulness and meditation to lower nervous system arousal
- Rituals of letting go to experience a sense of liberation
- Guidance on limiting unhelpful thinking styles to free up space for positivity and confidence
- Habits of gratefulness to counteract a negative mindset
- A life-compass to progress towards a value-informed lifestyle
Heidi Schreiber-Pan, Ph.D., LCPC, NCC is a successful psychotherapist, author, clinical director and sought-after nationwide speaker on topics of resilience, anxiety, neuroscience, and occupational burnout. As an affiliate and former faculty member of Loyola University, Maryland, her past research has focused on resiliency and psychological well-being, including nature-based mental health.
TIME & DATE
Wednesday, June 5, 2019 - 7:00pm