Did you know that a great white shark can weigh as much as 15 gorillas, that you drink the same water as the dinosaurs did, or that there’s a car that drives underwater?
This supersized, hardcover addition to the blockbuster Weird But True series, Ultimate Weird But True is packed 1,000 amazing facts and eye-popping photos that prove truth really is stranger than fiction. With a colorful, metallic cover, a kid-friendly design, and a wacky sense of humor, this stunning book will give kids a winning combination of smarts and fun.
Flip through these boldly-designed pages and you’ll find hundreds of snack-size stories about weird animals, space vacations, wacky inventions, freaky weather, amazing feats, wild extreme sports, and more. You’ll discover:
· A real-life Spider-Man man who scales skyscrapers with his bare hands
· A fish that plays soccer
· A $150,000 diamond-studded cupcake
· A man who makes himself invisible
· An upside-down house
· A hotel shaped like a giant beagle
· Tornadoes of fire
· A mouse that hitched a ride on a frog’s back
· A dog that can read
· A motorcycle shaped like hamburger
· A 13-foot-tall pink poodle
· Millions of red crabs
· A white alligator
· A robot that can do your grocery shopping, and much more…
· Plus, cool illustrations, and "Ultimate Secret Revealed" features that explain the strange truth behind the most mind-bending facts, such as how it’s possible to convert peanut butter into a diamond and how frogs can fall from the sky
About the Author
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC is one of the world’s leading nonfiction publishers, proudly supporting the work of scientists, explorers, photographers, and authors, as well as publishing a diverse list of books that celebrate the world and all that is in it. National Geographic Books creates and distributes print and digital works that inspire, entertain, teach, and give readers access to a world of discovery and possibility on a wide range of nonfiction subjects from animals to travel, cartography to history, fun facts to moving stories. A portion of all National Geographic proceeds is used to fund exploration, conservation, and education through ongoing contributions to the work of the National Geographic Society.
Purchase books and ebooks online
Keep track of your purchase history
Be the first to know about new books and events from The Ivy